Hi, welcome to Salmon-Run Coaching! I’m Sabrina Sourjah (ACC, MBA), a self-trust coach and corporate team coach based in Toronto, Ontario. I specialize in coaching socially-conscious corporate professionals and leaders, career changers, tech professionals, corporate teams, immigrants, teenagers (pro bono), and anyone seeking the truth within themselves.
My mission in life is to empower people to access, own, and hold onto their most authentic selves, while being on the authenticity journey myself. Why? Missions generally revolve around right-ing a wrong that we’ve experienced in life. I, too, know the pain of feeling like the odd one out or not being accepted as I am.
In my past life, I have worked in various corporate and technology roles at Nike, Inc., The London Stock Exchange, and The Bank of Montreal. I was mostly stressed at work, no matter how well things were going or how lovely my bosses were. I left the corporate corridors when I finally realized that my stress was telling me something. I worked up the courage to shatter my fears, especially financial ones.
Now, Mondays are Fridays for me. This is why I’m on a mission to get you to your most authentic life by building your self-trust. Because I know how wonderful life can be on the other side.
When I’m free, I love to read anything I can get my hands on, sing karaoke on YouTube, go on long trail walks, and watch sunsets over lakes and beaches. One of my favorite songs – Broken & Beautiful by Kelly Clarkson 🙂
In my experience working with clients, I’ve found that what makes it hard to show up authentically is low self-trust – low trust in who we are, our decisions, our dreams, and our capabilities. In addition, team members of teams that lack trust find it challenging to show up authentically because they don’t feel safe.
Therefore, my coaching approach is all about improving trust – individually and at a team level. For individuals, I’ve seen that the main challenge to self-trust is our inner voices or inner critics. We all have these unhelpful voices or beliefs, whether we have connected with them or not.
We mostly pick up these inner voices from a caregiver or authoritative figure in our childhoods. I help my clients manage these voices better so they can achieve their highest potential, often much quicker than they thought possible.
As a team coach, I help socially conscious tech leaders build teams that trust their leader, each team member, and the organization. I start by meeting with key stakeholders one-on-one to learn about the main challenges. Typically, team trust and thereby, team performance decreases due to low clarity, structural issues, misalignment of values/goals, internal conflicts, and team members with low self-trust. Trusting teams can manage external challenges better and change the world to accomplish their mission.
What Can You Expect?
I will always respect you and believe that you’re whole, creative, and resourceful. So, I won’t tell you what to do, although I may give you options and brainstorm ideas with you, so you can pick whatever works best for you. I will always try my best to understand how you see your world and get you where you want to go, not where your loved ones or I want you to go.
We will work together to design your goals and work through what’s holding you back from living boldly. We will try on new beliefs and experiment with life. I will ask powerful questions, notice your body language, and pay attention to my intuition so we can understand what is really going on for you.
Even after you stop working with me, I will be your biggest supporter. Our collaboration will allow you to sustainably get to your dreams faster by expanding your self-trust. When you have self-trust, you have everything you need in life.
My Coaching Specialties
My coaching specialties include leadership, team building, self-trust, self-confidence, cross-functional and cross-cultural collaboration, creating a compelling purpose & vision, building resilience, deep work & flow, imposter syndrome, finding meaning and joy in careers, career change, and bringing out the best in introverts and immigrants.
Why Work With Me?
- I’m a bold coach. I will tell you what you need to hear, not what you’d like to hear. But I will do so kindly and compassionately 🙂
- I try my best to live according to what I preach. I work on my mindset every single day and call myself out on my BS. As a result, I have successfully left my corporate life and ended a marriage that wasn’t working.
- I unconditionally believe in human potential to achieve whatever we set our hearts on.
- I’ve made my fair share of “mistakes” in life. I have changed my attitudes and opinions time and time again. So, I know not to judge anyone’s life choices as they reflect our varied life experiences and where we are at a given time.
- I’m certified by the International Coaching Federation (ICF), the leading credentialing body for coaches, and I abide by all its ethics, guidelines, and best practices.
- Finally, I promise not to follow up more than once after a complimentary call. I hate salesy coaches as much as you do. I know you will find me if you want to work with me! My purpose is to serve you while earning a living. Not earn a living while serving you.
- A Reiki practitioner & healer once told me that she feels me like the sunshine! So, I hope you feel me in the same way.
- Associate Certified Coach (International Coaching Federation)
- Adler-Trained Coach (Adler Graduate Professional School)
- Trained in Positive Intelligence
- Living Systems Approach for Team Coaching by Award-Winning Canadian Master Coach, Adria Trowhill
- International Coaching Federation (ICF)
- Toronto Chapter of the International Coaching Federation
Cognitive Behavioral Models & Experimenting, Mindfulness Practices, Art and Crafts, Visualization Techniques, Cognitive Distortion Models, VIA Strengths, Myers Briggs Personalities, Holland Careers, Wheel of Life/Choice, Journaling Exercises, Role Playing, Metaphors, Inner Critic Interventions, Choice Maps, Values Mining, Learning Styles, Love Languages, ICA Framework, Inner-Self Processing System, Leadership Wheel, Action Reflection Learning Cycle
Phone responder at the Distress Centers of Toronto intervening with distressed callers and suicide attempts
Separation & Divorce, Career Change, Immigration, Crippling Self-Doubt, Trauma & Therapy, and Entrepreneurship
“Sabrina asked questions that helped claim my strengths and rethink how I do things. She used many tools, examples, and external material to supplement. As a result of coaching, I am more confident and focused now. I also take time to focus on myself, and I don’t overthink like I used to. I also evaluated my job and decided to quit and take another position elsewhere. Sabrina is an amazing coach, and I really enjoyed our sessions as it truly helped me develop myself for the better.”FF (Finance Professional)