Live Like a Local in Your “New” Country
Immigrating is one of the toughest decisions one can make: leaving friends, family, culture, food, and a way of life in exchange for something unfamiliar but promising. I very well know this disconnected feeling as I have immigrated twice in my life so far. We may lose track of our authenticity when we migrate because we feel like we need to fit into our new world.
Regardless of whether you’re a newcomer or it’s been decades since you migrated, it’s possible for you to still feel like an alien in your adopted country. Of course, every immigrant always feels a bit like this. But if this is keeping you from living your best life as a Canadian and showing up fully for yourself and your loved ones, you may need to shed your fears to explore new avenues and integrate authentically.
- Adapting to Canadian Work Culture
- Confusion on Canadian Slang
- Making New Friends
Canadian Work Culture
Work cultures around the world are quite different from one another. You may be confused about how to interact best with your colleagues and build rapport with your managers. It’s hard to find all the best practices on your own. Let’s work together to remove any workplace obstacles so you can grow in your career in Canada as you wish.
Canadian Slang Lost in Translation
Do you find it difficult to understand Canadian (or foreign) slang? Are you losing confidence when you have to repeat your order multiple times to the waiter? No matter how well you know your grammar and language, slang trips up every newcomer. Together, let’s explore strategies on how you can feel more at home with the language, culture, and any other areas of your new country.
Making New Friends as Adults
One of the greatest difficulties for immigrants is losing a social support system. Everyone needs an active support system in their geography to lean on. We also find it hard to make new friends as adults, which can be frustrating to many. Immigrant Coaching will help you create an alternate set of genuine connections so that you can thrive like you want to.
What Will You Get?
- Successful integration into your adopted country and authentic expression of your true self and your country of birth
- A crystal-clear idea of who you are, your needs, your inner voices, and how you see yourself living your dreams in your new country
- A plan of how you can seamlessly integrate into your adopted country
- Ways to control your fears and take initiative and action
- Habits that will help you move towards your dreams faster
- Self-acceptance, resilience, self-trust, and confidence to live life like a local
- Realize Full Potential: Initially, we will build awareness of yourself, your values and strengths, and below-the-surface reasons for your migration. This is the time to visualize your dreams and understand how these dreams and values connect with your new country. We will take a holistic approach here and look at needs for your career, relationships, social support, and hobbies.
- Tenacious Self-Trust: It’s near impossible to adapt to a new country or culture when your self-trust is low. You always believe that you’re making a cultural mistake or pronouncing a word wrong. Your inner critic makes things worse by constantly questioning and criticizing you. We will work on building your inner ally and learning to trust your highest self.
- Seamless Integration: Knowing your full potential won’t get you anywhere unless you have a step-by-step plan that allows for flexible action. We will create a plan that will determine what you need to do, including what can get in the way of integrating to your new environment.
Want to stop feeling small in your new country?
Are you ready to integrate with curiosity and feel like an equal?
An authentic life in your new country is possible. A way of life that comes naturally to you. Let us work together to ease your fears. Immigrant Coaching can help you integrate faster so that you can start living your most authentic life sooner!
**All coaching packages can be customized to your unique requirements. Programs can also be converted into corporate programs and workshops.
“Recognize yourself in he and she who are not like you and me.”
– Carlos Fuentes